Error Prevention Training
Error Prevention training provides an in-depth three hour overview of Zero Harm tools and techniques for all region/facility
staff and physicians to help create a reliable and safe environment.
techniques are built on the safety commitment platform of:
- Personal, Patient and Team Safety
- Clear and Complete Respectful Communications
- Have a Questioning Attitude
- Pay Attention to Detail
Staff, leaders, and
physicians will be expected to learn, and then practice six behavior
- STAR – Stop, Think, Act, Review
- ARCC – Ask a question, Request a change, voice a
Concern, invoke Chain of Command
- Stop and Resolve – Have a questioning attitude
and verify in high-risk situations, when you note inconsistencies or when you
- Repeat-Backs and Read-Backs – Use phonetic and
numeric clarifications and ask clarifying questions
- SBAR – Situation, Background, Assessment,
- Standardized Handoffs – Include patient/project,
plan, purpose, problems, and precautions when handing off patient or projects
Registration on this site is exclusively for providers, including employed & affiliated physicians and advanced practice clinicians. For all other employees, please access the list of class offerings in the TalentLink catalog by clicking here.
To register for the course, click the button below that corresponds with your Intermountain region.
Note: If you are part of Medical Group, regardless of region affiliation, you need to register for the Medical Group specific classes. To see Medical Group specific courses, click here.
For more information or questions about the training, contact the CME office by phone at 801-442-3930 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org